Tuesday, January 7, 2014

ric#51 - L'Wren Scott (and the new DT reveal!!)

Happy New Year from all of us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!  Today is going to be a particularly awesome one because I can finally spill the beans and introduce you to our new DT members!!  More on that in a bit... let's first take some time to congratulate the winners of our last challenge!



Our Fabulous Fashionistas are:
Anni
Karolyn Loncon
Lorena
--------------------------------------------------------------


And the Queen of Couture, winner of a $25 gift card from Ellen Hutson is:






Congrats, ladies! Nicki, please email me (ourchangeofart@gmail.com) to claim your prize!

--------------------------------------------------------------

As you know, we received MANY incredible applications - it was so difficult to narrow down to just three designers!  After much deliberation, we are thrilled to introduce you to...


 In keeping with our Runway Inspired tradition, each girl will introduce herself AND share a favorite article of clothing or accessory.  This gives us a little glimpse of their personal style- I love it! :)




Hi everyone! I'm Taheerah and I can't tell you how excited, thrilled, honoured and privileged I am to be joining the Runway Inspired Challenge DT! I still can't believe I'm here writing these words!! 

I'm a 30-plus-a-few Londoner now living in the North West of England with my beautiful cats. I work in IT by day and craft by night! I love all things geeky - having a background in science and working in my profession I guess that can't be avoided! I've always been creative but stamping and cardmaking have truly captured my heart and my imagination. I love experimenting with most styles and am definitely a huge lover of trends. I really thrive on pushing my skills and creative eye to the limit, so my work is frequently packed with techniques, outside-the-box uses of product, and clever details! My fashion sense is eccentric and quirky, mixing patterns, colours and styles to create something that is perfectly 'me' - and my shoes always draw attention wherever I go!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hey y'all! My name's Kristen Foreman. I have lived in a few different states from FL to WA and now San Diego, CA. I am happily married with our German Shepherds, Bree and Brody. I am a Registered Nurse and work at one of the hospitals here in SD! I enjoy spending time with my husband and friends. I started paper crafting about a year ago and I have quite the collection of supplies in my craft room. :) My favorite article of clothing would have to be sweaters. I LOVE them. It stinks it's a tad warm in San Diego--I don't get to wear them often. I hope you'll enjoy my creations!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hello, I'm Mayuri (or Flubidoo) and I'm so excited to be part of the Runway Inspired Design Team for 2014! I'm a Graphic Designer turned Project Manager working in a design agency by day, but becoming an avid crafter by night. My style of card-making ranges from clean and simple through to arty, textural and experimental. I have had a huge passion for all things art and craft from a young age, when my Mum taught me to knit and I made my first scarf! The crafting / blogging community has had a huge influence on my card-making over the last year and there is so much inspiration out there already – I hope I too can be equally inspiring and encourage you all to play along!


I hope you give these ladies the warm welcome that they deserve. We are so happy to have them on board!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Tasnim Ahmed - Cards&Bookmarks


happy new year



The design team will select 3 runner-ups (the Fabulous Fashionistas) and one winner (the Queen of Couture) after the challenge closes. They will be posted here on the blog at the start of the next challenge, as well as on our Winners Page. The Queen of Couture will receive an awesome prize!



A $15 Gift Card to Simon Says Stamp!

 photo SSS14blinkie.gif




~You must create a new project for each challenge

~Please include a link back to the Runway Inspired Challenge in your post

~When uploading your project, make sure to link to your entry post, not your entire blog

~When submitting to our challenge, you may combine with only 3 other challenges

~You may enter as many times as you wish!

~If it is not obvious how you were inspired by the runway outfit, please explain it in your post. We don't want to overlook anything!



Your projects for this challenge are due by Friday, January 17th at 11:59pm ET.

25 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my! Thank you so much for choosing my card as one of the Fabulous Fashionistas!! I am thrilled! Congrats to Nicki - your card is lovely!! And double congrats to the new team members!! Love the new inspiration photo - my head is swirling with ideas!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hooray to the new DT members! Fabulous projects, as always!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the new DT members!

Jasleen Kaur said...

congratulations to the new bunch of super talented DT members. Amazing inspirations by all the members. Love them.

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS new team & LOVE the DT inspiration!!!

Gayatri said...

Congrats to all the winners. And great choice of new designers for the Design Team. Congrats to the new DT girls as well :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for choosing my card as one of the Fabulous Fashionistas! Made my day!
Congrats to the winner (gorgeous, gorgeous card) and to the amazing new DT girls. What a perfect fit for the challenge :D

SD pooja said...

What an array of Inspirations ! Vibrant,elegant ...all Beautiful !!

Anni said...

You made my day!
Thank you so much for chosing my card!
Love the other fabulous fashionistas!
Anni

~amy~ said...

Congrats to the winners and the new team members! Love this week's challenge! Awesome job by the DT!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Congrats to the Winners of the Challenge, and to your new Designers! I can truly attest, Taheerah does NOT disappoint; her work is AMAZING!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats to your new DT! Awesome cards from the team!

Cris G. said...

Congratulations to all the winners! And a warm welcome to the new DT members! It looks like my crystal ball is working properly, at least for two of the new members... the third was very foggy, I couldn't see well :).
Fantastic inspiration from all the DT!!! The colors on this picture are bold and gorgeous together, but I don't know why I can never take a decent photo of these color combo, or similar... lets see how it comes out this time.

Nicki S said...

OMG, THANK YOU so much for choosing me as the winner!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am!!! Congrats to the fabulous fashionistas! Congrats also to the new DT members. Looking forward to playing again.

jintyoo7 said...

Amazing cards today.

Congratulations to the newest additions to the team - beautiful, stylish and incredible talented - YAY!!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Congratulations to new DT... fabulous group of ladies!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats girls on making the design team! :) Looking forward to your runway inspired cards.

Congratulations to Nicki, Anni, Karolyn and Lorena. You girls nailed it.

And awesome inspirations for the current challenge

maria f. said...

Congrats to the new DT members! Wonderful choices for the RIC team and amazing designs from the whole team.

Cris said...

Congrats to the new DT members and I love all the inspiration cards for this challenge! They are amazing!

~amy~ said...

awesome additions to the design team...thanks for the continuous inspiration!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fabulous choices for the new DT! I look forward to lots of inspiration!

Darnell said...

Welcome to the new DT members and congratulations to the winners! The DT cards are fabulous and this was a fun challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

WitchyFingers said...

Love this photo, and the model's shoes are just fab!
Beautiful DT cards, especially love all the red, white and blue ones!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I just finished my card :( And the collection is closed. :( Would love if any of you visited my link though

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I just finished my card :( And the collection is closed. :( Would love if any of you visited my link though